Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Melon Mambo Butterfly Card

Dave and my boys went to a SJ Earthquakes game last Sat night. I could have gone, but decided to opt out. Instead I had a stamping good time! This is one of the cards I made (I was in a girly pink mood). I had a large scrap of pretty in pink and thought, "Why cut it down?" Instead I made a 5x5" card since I recently purchased 5-1/2" square envelopes (like I'm really going to mail this, ha ha). I pierced each of the scallops along the bottom, although it doesn't show in the photo. The circle image behind the butterfly is from the Circle Circus set. It can be a focal point all by itself. I punched stamped the butterfly dotted image in mellon mambo and then the body in pretty in pink. Hint: I find that if I stamp the detail butterfly first and then the solid body second I can line it up without using my stamp-a-ma-jing (SAMJ). Next I punched it out with my new butterfly punch, added one dimensional under the body, and bent up the wings.

Tomorrow I'll show you another version of this card using yellows, dsp, and a regular size that we made at Trish's workshop Sun. Everyone seemed to like it and I think I'll do it in a Class or for Club. Thanks for looking and be sure to stop by tomorrow!

Remember to let me know by 7/30 if you want the Deal of the Week Heart to Heart punch.

Supplies:
sets - flight of the butterfly, circle circus
cs - whisper white, pretty in pink, melon mambo
ink - pretty in pink & melon mambo pads
access - paper piercer & mat pack, mambo polka dot ribbon, butterfly punch, scallop edge punch, 1-3/4" circle punch, dimensionals

Happy Stamping! Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment