Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cards from Inkerbelles Gathering

I went to a SU demonstrator meeting for the Inkerbelle's group last Saturday and we made all these projects! Tami doesn't charge us anything, we get to try out the lastest product, make samples to show our customers and learn new techniques. Plus it's a lot of fun getting together with everyone, including my good friend, Cheryl. Tomorrow I'll show you some cards she shared with me. I've got photos of a ton of other samples to show you over the next week, so be sure to check back! I love this little Valentine mini milk carton, I should have photographed the other side, too.

We learned the technique to make this rosette and it's so easy! Last night I purchased the necessary supplies so I can teach my customers how to make one. I made a mistake and used the wrong side of the dsp. It's a little busy, but it's still cool.

This is an easel card. When you open it, a ribbon on the inside holds it up. So fun! I'll be teaching how to make an easel card at my SAB SAS class Feb 2nd.



The XL 2 Step Bird puch is so much fun to use. Here we punched it out of Bride Specialty paper (#115669 $13.95) and then colored the bird. branch, and wing with sponges and regular classic ink. The foil on the paper resists the ink, so you get a cool design. The greeting is from the free SAB Vintage Labels set. I like the way the bird fits perfectly on the scallop circle cut with the Big Shot.

These Glassine envelopes are cool and they can be run through the Big Shot to add texture. I love the satin ribbon in the Occasions Mini and the epoxy brads.

We actually used the Crop-A-Dile to punch a hole through a corduroy brad and put an epoxy brad in it on this card. The Sending Love dsp is absolutely gorgeous.


We tried a cool technique on this card. We mixed ink refill with shimmer paint and painted it on a piece of chipboard that was run through the Big Shot in the Finial Press Texture Impressions embossing folder. Even though Shimmer Paint isn't in the current catalog or mini catalog, it's still available. See the link on my right side bar.

The stitched felt Sweet Peas pieces add a quick focal point to any card. Mine looks more like a face than a flower. Oh well, lol.
Happy Stamping! Mary ~ Hope you can stop by again soon

No comments:

Post a Comment