Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cards by Cheryl

Here are cards my friend Cheryl made recently and shared with me when we got together last Saturday.

Isn't this an adorable Valentine's card? We saw a similar card in the Stampin' Success magazine (for SU demonstrators). I don't have this set or punch. It was in the Holiday mini and I hope it goes into the new catalog next July.

I showed Cheryl how to make a Tri-fold Pocket card last month. We made them in Club last year. Here she's made one using the Cottage Wall dsp. I just love that paper! She glittered the brad in the center of the flower, but it's hard to see in this photo.

This is a brayered rose, using the Manhattan Flower Texture Impressions die, that Cheryl made. We'll be learning this technique in a roses class later this spring.

Markers or pastels? Cheryl and I both liked the pastels added to the textured flowers, but as a whole, preferred the card colored with markers.

Regular cardstock or dsp? Cheryl liked the regular cs, but I think the dsp is kind of nice, too. What do you think?
Happy Stapming! Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment