Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Jury Duty Complete & July Christmas Card

Last week while we were on vacation at Lake Shasta I worked on my Christmas cards for this year. I make about a hundred and like to get them done during the summer.

I had jury duty at 8am on Tue, so I again worked on my Christmas cards while waiting for the jury selection process to begin. After waiting a couple hours, the judge informed us that the case wasn't going to trial and we were all dismissed. The good thing is that my jury duty obligation is fulfilled for at least a year.

This is a card I saw years ago. I finally own "Lovely as a Tree" so I decided to make it for our family card this year. First you stamp the tree image in white craft ink on night of navy cardstock, clean the stamp and then stamp it in night of navy ink on confetti white cardstock. I also stamped a splashed image and the greeting in navy. Tear off some off the white piece and layer it on the navy. Layer the navy on a white card. It's simple, but looks pretty cool. I was going to jazz it up a little with silver cord, but my husband liked it more "natural" (plain!).
The inside greeting is from a long retired set called "On Angel Wings" that I think goes well.


Isn't this a fun stamp to put on the back? Sorry the photo is a little blurry. I got this from a stamp store when I was up at my mon's. I'm usually to embarrassed to add it, but decided to this time.

Supplies:
sets - lovely as a tree, fundamental phrases, on angel wings, itty bitty backgrounds
cs - night of navy, whisper white (card base), confetti white
ink - white craft pad, night of navy classic pad

Happy Stamping! Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment