Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Bye, Bye, Birdie


One last birdie card. A couple weeks ago my son had an out of town soccer tournament and then we went to a friend's 50th birthday party. I wanted to make the friend an "over the hill" card instead of using a card on hand. Of course I didn't decide to do this until 15 minutes before we had to leave (6am, mind you!). I had my birdie set out from a class the previous day and I pulled out a very old SU set I have called "over the hill" and I pulled out my "under the stars" set since this friend is an outdoorsy guy. I got an idea of what I wanted to do (a "joy fold" card), grabbed cardstock and began stamping pieces. Since my 15 minutes was up I put the pieces in an envelope, grabbed scissors, adhesive, dimensionals and a few markers. Since we always have to arrive 1 hour early to the game, I just waited til we got to our destination before completing the card. I didn't have a camera with me and I had to leave the card at the party, so when I got home the next day I made a similar one (his had a yellow bird and i forgot the green marker, so the leaves weren't colored). Hope you like it! I'll sure miss my birdie set, but SU's new catalog starts July 1st at noon, wohoo!!!
Supplies:
sets - a little birdie told me, under the stars, over the hill
cs - basic black, tangerine tango, garder green, yo-yo yellow, whisper white
ink - basic black pad and only orange, green galore & yo-yo yellow markers
access - 1-1/4" circle and scallop circle punches, paper snips, dimensionals
Happy Stamping! Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment