Sunday, April 3, 2011

Perpetually Folding Card for Club






At my Jan Club, Billie showed us the coolest "never ending card". It was a card that you just kept opening up and it basically had four sides. Everyone thought it was pretty neat and we wanted to try it. The next month the Stampin' Success magazine (a free periodical that SU demonstrators get) had directions for a "Perpetually Folding Card" that was very similar to what my customer showed me. I tried out the instructions on the link my customer gave me (that she used to make her card), and I tried out SU's version using the magazine instructions and a link another customer gave me from Tami White's blog (which is basically the same as the SU instructions). These cards are so addicting! You start folding and don't want to put it down!

Then for April's Club we made one! For the card base we started with two 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" pieces of Perfect Plum card stock and sticky strip. The branch image is stamped with classic Elegant Eggplant ink. When you apply water with an Aquapainter, it bleeds, thus coloring the flowers very easily and nicely.

Supplies:
set- Easter Blossoms
cs- Very Vanilla, Perfect Plum, and Elegant Eggplant
ink- Crumb Cake, Perfect Plum, and Elegant Eggplant pads, Always Artichoke marker
access- sponges, eyelet border punch, crumb cake seam binding, pearls, aquapainters, itty bitty punch pack, scallop oval and large oval punches, tombo multipurpose glue

I'll show you some of my other attempts in the next few days.

Happy Stamping! Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment