Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Surprise Papa!


My Father-in-law turned 75 Sunday and my mother-in-law threw him a surprise party. She pulled it off and he was totally surprised. The first photo is the picture board I put together for his party. He is pictured with my boys and my cousin's daughter in the photo above.



This is the card I made him. It's a pop-up gift card holder. I had never tried it before, but remembered seeing one on Ruth's blog at least a year ago. So after searching I found where I had seen it. She has a link to Michelle's blog with a video tutorial, so I won't repeat how it's made. I actually like other gift card holders better, so I probably won't make this type again. The front of the card was inspired by one I saw here. I layered 12 square punch outs on a 5-15/16" x 4" piece of chocolate chip card stock, wrapped ribbon around the front, and layered it on a river rock card.

Supplies:
sets- it's your birthday, brushstroke numbers (both retired)
cs- river rock, textured wild wasabi, apple cider dsp (retired)
ink- Chocolate chip
access- ribbon (contraband), sticky strip, 1-1/4" square punch

Happy Stamping! Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment