Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Dave!

I made this shaker card for my husband's birthday which was yesterday. I'm glad I made it early since my mom's been in ICU and I haven't been doing any stamping lately. I wanted to see if you could emboss on window sheets and you can! I used my ee craft spots and clear ep to emboss on a window sheet (the center unprinted part of the fantasy flower window sheets that I had leftover from a recent class). The back part was a piece of glossy white cs. I punched a "sun" with the Boho blossoms punch out of a sticky note. I used the negative part to mask around the sun and sponged in daffodil delight and pumpkin pie. Then I masked the sun and sponged colors to create sand, water, and a sunset. I added sand for the shaker mix. The frame was the leftover edge of a cut out top note. I layered it all on an old olive card. Dave liked it and that made me happy!

Supplies:
sets- tropical party, hostess level-1 set from the mini
cs- confetti cream, old olive, glossy white
ink- classic pads: basic black, daffodil delight, bashful blue, pacific point, pumpkin pie, tangerine tango, rose red, and tempting turquoise, sahara sand. Craft pads: old olive and chocolate chip
access- big shot, top note die, island oasis die, foam tape, window sheets, sponges, embossing buddy, heat tool, clear ep, boho blossoms punch, 1/soft subtle brads, dimensionals, sand

Happy Stamping! Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment