Monday, July 19, 2010

Get Well Soon, Mom!

card to mom from me

card to me from Jan - thanks Jan!

My mom had a thoracic aortic aneurysm on July 7th and was in ICU for ten days. She is out of ICU, but still in the hospital. She would have been transferred a couple days earlier, but they didn't have a bed available. They didn't do surgery, which would be too risky because it's so close to the heart. Also, they can control it with blood pressure medication. They can't release her until her blood pressure stays down, though. She'll be doing ok and then it gets too high. I've gone up (to Sacramento) to see her a couple of times. When I went on Thur I brought her a card, finally. She liked it and showed it off to the nurses. I'm so glad she's doing better. Thanks to everyone who's been praying for her! I'm sorry I had to cancel my new catalog open house. I still haven't placed an order from the new catalog! My heart's just not in it right now. Maybe after Mom gets released from the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment