Thursday, April 17, 2014

Card In A Box, SUO Challenge, April Club

Easter Card in a Box with Custom Envelope

Easter Card in a Box, backside

Easter Card in a Box, closer look

Cupcake Card in a Box

Cupcake Card in a Box, backside

Small 4x4" Easter Card in a Box

Small 4x4" Easter Card in a Box, backside

Flower Shop and Petite Petals Card in a Box, lg size

Flower Shop and Petite Petals Card in a Box, backside

Easter Card in a Box, A-2 size

Easter Card in a Box, A-2 size backside
These Card in a Boxes have been all over the internet.  I saw one made by Deena Boo for  a SUO challenge. You can find all kinds of videos on U-Tube.  They fold up flat to fit in an envelope.  They are made in many sizes.  For my April club we made the larger size which folds up and becomes 5-1/4" x 5-1/2".  It needs a custom envelope.  It's sooooo quick and easy to whip up an envelope with SU's Envelope Punch Board.  I attached the fussy cut tulips with a small piece of sticky strip.  I got the measurements for this larger size from Lisa Bernard here.  This Easter card also is perfect for SUO's Challenge #94 which ends at 6 am Sat!

The second one we made is a direct copy of Julie Davison's cupcake easy 4x4" size.  I changed the greeting to use what I have.  I also changed the inside pieces to 2@ 1x3", scored at 1/2".  I attached the cupcakes with glue dots so they won't fall off.

The A-2 size, 4-1/4" x 5-1/2", which fits in a standard envelope, can be found here.  Briana has good written directions which are easy to follow as well as a video.  I used her measurements to make my last Easter Card in a Box, which is identical to the club version with one less tulip.

I found the larger boxes are easier because there's more space to attach the center pieces.  On the other hand Julie's 4x4" box has easy measurements and the size is so cute.  Finally, you might prefer the A-2 size because you don't have to create a custom envelope.  Hope you try one!  They're a little time  consuming, but so satisfying.

Happy Stamping!  Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment