Sunday, January 24, 2016

SUO Challenge #140, It's time for Valentines!


Valentine Card, front

Valentine Card, inside
SUO Challenge #140, It's time for Valentines!  Stampin' Up Only (SUO) challenge is to make a Valentine, so I decided to take the challenge.  You can, too if you follow this link or the one on the right sidebar.  I decided to make one for my son, Chris, who is away at college.  It can't be too frilly.  The birds on the front represent my husband, myself and his younger brother.  I wanted to try the technique where you sponge the sky color on the TIEF before running it through the Big Shot.  However, I used no tabs instead of Tab 1, so the sky was rather faint, oh well.

I know I've been absent for awhile, but I should be posting photos of my Jan class projects soon.

SUPPLIES:
sets - rose wonder, a dozen thoughts, and many more
cs - night of navy, very vanilla, blushing bride, cherry cobler
ink - night of navy and cherry cobler pads
access - sponge, big shot & the woodlands TIEF, rose garden framelits, mini glue dots, dimensionals
punches - itty bitty accents (heart), tree builder (bird)

Happy Stamping!  Mary

4 comments:

  1. This is perfect!! I love the soft sky in the background of the embossing folder with the meaning behind the three red birds- a wonderful Valentine for your son!! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your use of the folder for a Valentines Day card - very clever!! I love the three hearts for your family too! So glad you joined the fun at SUO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah...great use of that folder for Valentine's Day...sweet lovebirds! Love the CAS design! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Valentine Challenge this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfection - awesome creativity!!! Thanks for playing along in the SUO challenge this time!

    ReplyDelete