Monday, November 19, 2012

SUO Christmas CAS Challenge

Card #1 - My Families' Choice

card #1 inside

card #2 - A Small Step Up with Cherry Cobbler Mat and Offset Greeting
card #2 inside
SUO's Challenge last Tue was to create a "Clean and Simple" (CAS) Christmas Card.  I'm not sure if this card fits the requirements, but I think it does.  Simple Window cards easily create dimension.  The Big Shot, dimensionals and sponging gives it lots of texture and interest.  My boys liked the reindeer.   They like the greeting centered.  What do you think?

I like the 2nd version with the cherry cobbler matting and offset greeting better than card #1.  My family chose the first card, though.  Since I'm so late getting started on my cards, it's a good choice.  There's not much cutting and very little to adhere!  Also, the colors are so deep and rich that they look good without having to heat emboss the image or greetings.  Finally, there are no embellishments so it's a good mailing choice.

Supplies:
sets - holiday minis (retired in 2002, wow I can't believe this set is ten yrs old!) and christmas blessings (I just love the font on the greetings)
cs - very vanilla and cherry cobbler on card #2
ink - early espresso, cherry cobbler, wild wasabi pads
access - Big Shot, snow flurries TIEF, sponge, decorative label punch, extra large oval punch, dimensionals

Happy Stamping!  Mary

2 comments:

  1. I love both of them! Love the peek-a-boo window!! Thanks for joining SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you put the little reindeer in there! What a GREAT CAS card! Thanks so much for playing along in the SUO challenge!

    ReplyDelete