Thursday, November 15, 2012

Nov Club Cards - Peekaboo Circle

first card

second card
first card, inside

second card, inside
These are the peekaboo circle cards we made at Club last week.  They are one of those mechanical type cards that you get addicted to opening up over and over again!  I first got a similar type of card from my husband years ago and wondered if I could figure out how to make one, stuck it in a drawer and never attempted anything, lol.

Then back in May, one of my customers (Pat) showed me a cute card she had made and told me about the link she'd found on Dawn Griffith's blog with a great video tutorial

At first I thought it'd be great to use the Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets, but they were a little difficult to punch through with the detailed scallop circle punch.  I ended up using snail to adhere the circles, like Dawn does, but used a thin bead of  multipurpose "green glue" around the circle opening and then applied the scalloped and plain circle frames.  I also used a smaller 1-1/4"circle punch because it fit the image from Just Believe better and the frames were a little larger, making them easier to glue down (I'm all about easy, lol).  Also, the Petite Pairs images still fit in them.

Supplies, Card #1:
sets - just believe, petite pairs
cs - wisteria  wonder, whisper white, flirtatious dsp
ink - wisteria wonder pad, elegant eggplant pad
access - wisteria ruffled gg ribbon, sticky strip, green glue, snail, mini glue dots (to help hold ribbon firmly in place)
punches - 1-1/4" circle, 1-3/4" scallop circle, scallop border

Supplies, Card #2:
sets - a fitting occasion, a word for you, itty bitty bits
cs - island indigo, whisper white, ic dsp
ink - island indigo pad, real red marker, optional
access - island indigo baker's twine, sticky strip, green glue, snail, stamp-a-ma-jig
punches - 1-1/4" circle, 1-3/4" circle, decorative label

I will post some other peekaboo circle cards I made, so be sure to check back tomorrow!

Happy Stamping!  Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment