Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Poppy Parade Glimmer Paper



Here's a card I designed for my good friend's birthday. I wanted to experiment a little more with the technique of coloring the silver glimmer paper. It's really easy to do. You just squirt a few drops of a classic ink refill onto a plastic lid, dip your aqua painter into it and "paint" your silver glimmer paper. The color will lighten a little as it dries. It's best to let it air dry. If you blot it you will lose a lot of the color. You can speed up the drying time with your heat tool or the microwave (about 30-50 seconds). I didn't have any poppy parade ink refill, so I used tango tangerine and that seemed close enough for me.

Supplies:
sets - happiest birthday wishes
cs - whisper white, poppy parade cs and dsp, silver glimmer paper
ink - poppy parade pad, tango tangerine classic ink refill
access - ic glimmer brads, scallop border punch, lace border punch, blossom bouquet triple layer punch, mini glue dots, two way glue pen, dimensionals

Happy Stamping! Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment