Saturday, June 12, 2010

Grad Card for Matt





Our good friend's son was graduating from high school and my husband wanted to get him a gift card to the school store where he'll be attending college. I saw this really cute grad card online the other day (the red and black one pictured above). It's made similar to the way I made a stand-up explosion card for my club a couple years ago. So, after watching Kelly's video and pulling out my directions for the stand up explosion card, I made it.

Unfortunately, the pocket is only big enough to hold money, not a gift card. So, not to be deterred, I made a few alterations and came up with the blue card above (his college colors are blue and white).

Then a couple weeks later I saw a video tutorial which is similar to the card I made. Since I haven't attempted making a video yet and am impossibly unskilled with all things computer, I am just giving you the link here. I really like her method of making this card. Dawn has an interesting way of making a tassel that I haven't tried yet.

Supplies/Directions:
Go Grad stamp set
Brilliant blue and whisper white card stock
basic black and brilliant blue pads
watercolor pencils and blender pens
paper cutter with scoring blade
crimper
sticky strip & snail
tassel (I couldn't find one to purchase, so I made one out of embroidery thread)
wide oval punch
1/4" brads (I used white), mat pack & paper piercer
dimensionals

* 4-1/4 x 9-1/2" brilliant blue card stock for card base
hold in landscape mode and score at 3-1/2", 5-1/2" and mark the top and bottom at 7-1/2"
score an "X" centered over the 5-1/2" score line from the bottom and top of the 3 1/2" score line to the bottom and top of the 7-1/2" score line.

* 4-1/4" wide x 3-1/4" high brilliant blue card stock for front pocket
add sticky strip to three sides and make a half punch with the wide oval punch. Run this through the crimper, then attach the bottom and sides.

* 4" wide x 1-1/2" high whisper white card stock. Stamp sentiment in blue and feet image in black, color, layer onto blue crimped piece using dimensionals

* 3-3/4" wide x 3" high whisper white card stock; stamp and adhere to back for a place to sign.

Have fun making this cute card! Leave me a comment with a link to the card you make if you try it.

Happy Stamping! Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment