Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Technique Class 4/24/09 with Rasberry Tart dsp




These are the four cards we made in my technique class on 4/24/09. They all used the Rasberry Tart dsp and two cards also used the Elegant Thank You stamp from p 208 of the SU catalog.

SU currently has a promotion where you get a free packet of designer paper or 12x12 textured cardstock (cs) when you buy three! It's a pretty sweet deal.

The card on the lower right corner (of top photo) uses the emerging colors technique, but on dsp. I think it looks pretty cool. I had never tried the emerging color technique on dsp before. I cased this card from Julie Davisson, another SU demonstrator. It has crimping on the cameo coral layer, which is almost the only change I made to her gorgeous card.

I don't know if there's an official name for it, but I call the layout for the card in the bottom photo, "Crossover DSP." I just love the way it shows off both sides of the gorgeous double sided dsp. I actually took a photo of 3 of the same cards to show how it opens up. We made a card using this layout in my Club last year. I think everyone agreed that it's a very easy layout.

As always, Happy Stamping! Mary



No comments:

Post a Comment